medoc
2017-06-07
2017-07-01
  • medoc
    medoc
    2017-06-07

Hi there,

I am looking for a place in Europe to "repatriate" a couple of projects which are currently hosted on Bitbucket (the Recoll desktop search tool) and Github (a number of projects around UPnP audio: upmpdcli, upplay).

These projects are open source (GPL), "made in Europe" but not as part of a European research project.

It is not too clear to me from the documentation on this site if such projects would be welcome ?

And also any update about the life expectancy of opensourceprojects.eu ? How alive is this place and for how long ?

J.F. Dockes

• João Paulo Barraca
    João Paulo Barraca
    2017-06-22

Hi,

You are free to "repatriate" your projects to OSP. We are active and do not foresee issues in keeping the role of promotion and host of open source components, especially those developed under the scope of EU research projects, but not limited to only this scope. The original project that motivated the creation of OSP (IST-PROSE) is long finished, but we are committed in providing the same level of service and will welcome your Open Source code.

Last edit: João Paulo Barraca 2017-06-22
  • medoc
    medoc
    2017-07-01

Thanks for your answer ! I am now actively moving in :)

Given the amount of open-source work which is done in Europe, it's a bit of a shame that we host most projects on U.S. sites. A European github would be nice to have.