Jurgen vinju
2014-04-09
2014-04-10
  • Jurgen vinju
    Jurgen vinju
    2014-04-09

{Sh,C,W}ould we have a Jenkins server running builds and tests continuously?

• jrwilliams
    jrwilliams
    2014-04-10

Would this be something that you could set up at CWI? We'll be migrating the code to this site in the next few weeks, which would be a good time to have this working. Jenkins can be configured to work on multiple Git branches, right? We'll have (as minimum) a stable and a dev branch - testing both would be very useful. Personal/feature branches are less important for this. How much effort would be involved in setting this up?

• Jurgen vinju
    Jurgen vinju
    2014-04-10

For Jenkins it requires setting up maven for the whole project, or for each separate component. Its better per component, otherwise the build would not be incremental and kill the server, but that also requires one git repository per component if I am not mistaken. So, the question first is how the git repository will look like.

Second, how to make the maven thing work. I am not an expert there, but will ask around.

Third: does opensource.eu provide the service to ping a webservice after a push?

Fourth: running Jenkins on a server. I think we can accommodate that at CWI.